Everyone is talking bathrooms

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 7:43 am on Sunday, May 22, 2016

The newsiest news lately is bathrooms….and change rooms too if you want to lump them all together.  Everybody is in a tither about bathrooms. Im just gonna make a short post about how I feel about the matter and let the comments decide for themselves how they feel.

In my workplace we have 2 Trans.  Both are male that have identified themselves as female. One has made the outward transition to female by wearing ladies clothes etc. and the other, while taking meds to make the change, still outwardly seems to identify as a male by physical appearance, clothing  etc.. Ive seen both frequently in the store.  1 uses the ladies room and the other still uses the mens.

I don’t care.  There ya go. There are things about this overall situation, as a conservative Christian, that would be worthy of a theological discussion but this isn’t the post for it.

If you have to go to the bathroom, and you look and dress like a lady, then use the ladies room, or a family style room where you can lock yourself in privately and not worry about who might see you and be offended. I mean, whats gonna freak people out more? a person who appears to be a woman walking in to a women’s restroom? or a mans?   I understand that mens rooms often don’t have “stalls” but  perhaps its time for all bathrooms to have them. I dunno…

Lockerooms are a little dicey for me at this time.  Thats when the gloves come off…and the shorts, and the bras and the makeup for all to see.  I still feel that in THIS case,  whats under your clothes might matter when thats what is about to be exposed in a public shower in a lockeroom.

Perhaps the future lies in construction…where buildings have bathrooms…just a line of single-holers with locked doors.  no labels, no freaking out…but what is your opinion??

Comment by Liz Harris

May 22, 2016 @ 1:26 pm

I don’t care either. Stalls would protect us all. Unisex rest rooms with locking doors are probably the best solution. I do understand, however, the controversy over school restrooms and use by trans.

Comment by Sam

May 22, 2016 @ 10:25 pm

I saw a meme that summed it up perfectly for me…. I don’t care what restroom you use, just wash your hands!!!!

Comment by Anonymous

May 23, 2016 @ 3:35 pm

I was at Target yesterday. Had to pee so since I was feeling manly I used the men’s room. I don’t know why that’s a problem for some folks. I dress in man clothes, I feel like a man and I act mostly masculine. Of course, being an actual man makes it easy for me. hahaha Thanks~
I wonder what would happen if a man identified as a woman and dressed as a woman but happened to be feeling manly and wanted to use the men’s room even though he was wearing woman clothes. Would somebody complain that a man was in the men’s room? This is very confusing for me. I can’t begin to imagine how confusing it would be for somebody who really identifies as the opposite gender.

Comment by Jodi

May 25, 2016 @ 6:07 am

I don’t see the problem w/ unisex bathrooms! A friend, a non conforming female, now has to carry her birth certificate w/ her! She’s been hauled out of public bathrooms many times by security! There’s something wrong w/ that!

Comment by Jade

August 26, 2016 @ 6:56 am

I grew up in an era when there was no different outhouse for men or women, or boys or girls. There just was. And, if you had to go, you went.

If you didn’t go, and you waited too long, you ended up with a bladder infection.

But, you always looked for somewhere to wash your hands afterward, no matter if you were male or female.