RIP Old man

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 6:57 am on Saturday, April 2, 2016

Saying goodbye to your dog is never easy and no matter how many times you have done it, the process sucks just as much.  Old man decided on April Fools, to make no joke about it and said goodbye.  He enjoyed his breakfast, spent the day with his buddies in the yard, and when Mr chick came home from work, he slowly lumbered into the house and laid down…and made it clear it was enough.

A heart can only last so long, especially when its so tired and inefficient.  Mr Chick took him to the same caring loving vet that had performed the miracle spleen surgery on him a few years ago. He remembered him immediately…called him a miracle dog.  I made it after work just in time to hold the boy and say goodbye.

I can hardly see the screen to write..Goodbye Old Man, you were loved

2012-03-29_11-23-23_430

Comment by Donna

April 2, 2016 @ 7:57 am

So sorry.

Comment by Officer Cynical

April 2, 2016 @ 8:03 am

Weeping as I write this, for I fear we are right behind you. I’m afraid of what the near future holds. My boy, My best pal.Its gut wrenching. But I know that it was the right time. For once it was a decision that I felt the dog made, not me.

Comment by Sue

April 2, 2016 @ 5:08 pm

I hope memories and pictures will make the tears flow but also the smiles come as you pay tribute to Old Man. So sorry.

Comment by Blanche

April 2, 2016 @ 7:05 pm

I’m so sorry. This is such a hard time.

Comment by Jodi

April 2, 2016 @ 9:07 pm

I’m so sorry, PC! I know how much you love all your pups! I imagine it was a very difficult decision despite him letting you know it was time! Thankfully, pet owners don’t have to let that fur babies suffer too long! I hope the many pics, videos & fond memories will make you and Mr. PC forever smile through despite the many tears!

Jodi
Thank you Jodi, it was a difficult couple of months with our old boy. we knew he was ill and we knew that he wouldn’t get any better, but we also found him to be a fighter and didnt want his prognosis to be an excuse to hasten the process so we let him be our guide. We gave him meds to make him as comfortable as possible and in the end, he chose the time.

Comment by Jim

April 3, 2016 @ 1:52 am

God Bless Old Lad , Rest in Peace . And hugs to you PC .

Comment by murgatr

April 3, 2016 @ 3:18 pm

I’m so sorry Chick – pets are family too. Know that he had a long & happy life in your home.

murgatr
Pharm. Tech. RDC’06

Comment by Miss Chevious

April 4, 2016 @ 7:49 am

My sincere sympathies! I will pray for y’all.

Comment by Michael Mortimer

April 21, 2016 @ 12:40 pm

Loss is so difficult the first weeks. I have always comforted myself by trying to remember time will heal the devastation I feel.

I then later naturally remember the good times and happy that I was able to give my rescues a good life the remainder of their lives and they did not pass thinking this is a very mean world.