From all of us pharmacists to the rest of the world, I introduce the hate list. Feel free to add to it (within reason)
1. To everyone who decided they DIDNT need a flu shot in the fall and now falls prey to media panic…we hate you….and your pissy attitude when we tell you we are now out of stock. Where were you in October when I had literally 1500 doses sitting in the fridge…and lots of staff to help. We are back to normal labor model and yes it will take an hour to process that shot….if we had any. Youve already told me youve been to 4 pharmacies. Why would I be any different?
2. To the insurance companies fail to issue cards before the new year…We hate you. And to CVS CAREMARK who refuses to provide that information to the customers over the phone ( only to me) We hate you more. Its THEIR information! GIVE IT TO THEM. Do you really think I have time to call you 15 times a day to get processing information because your lazy processing department cant get cards out timely?
3. to patients who HAVE received new cards and dont bring them to me…We hate you. Getting angry at me because I filled your prescription for cash because your plan terminated 12-31-13 isn’t going to change the price. AND if you had checked your voice mail BEFORE traipsing over here, you’d have a very polite message from moi reminding you of that fact.
4. My employer to had a colossal snafu in the computer system and wiped out 6 years of doctors information…we hate you. It looks pretty stupid to have a doctor with a Tennessee address and a local phone number..which we cannot update because of some crazy national data base rule. So technically we fill a prescription with inaccurate prescriber info. Thanks.
5. to anybody who waited til monday to refill their prescriptions and wants it RIGHT NOW..we hate you. We can do amazing things, but not on YOUR time schedule. we have to use MINE. And 30 people cannot wait for their prescription and get it in 10 minutes. The first day of the week, first week of month AND year is the perfect storm for all retail pharmacies. Toss in flu mania and its ugly.
6. To ANY insurance company who requires transmitted information that is not on their card…we hate you. Yup, its you again CVS CAREMARK. If you put a card with an ID number of 00045321 and then verbally tell me I need 5 leading zeros instead of 3 then shame on you and every member of your overstuffed organization. A big puss filled boil on all your butts.
7. And while I am having a hate fest with insurers, let me add this one more. To you who require generic substitution but then charge the same brand name copay because its still expensive. We hate you. You aren’t making any friends with your clients or patients when their Cymbalta costs them 50.00 as a single source product but then 50.00 as generic too. Sure, you charge them even more for the brand NOW, but why not cut them some slack.. Generic is generic to them. We are happy to comply with your requirements but give us a reason to support it!
YOUR turn!! What do you hate this new year ? (pharmacy topics only )