One of “those” days.

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 11:52 pm on Monday, January 9, 2012

Some days you wonder if EVERY one of your customers was beat with a “stupid” stick on their way in.  Today was that day.

We have tried to be proactive on insurance issues, leaving messages to tell people to bring in their new insurance cards. If we leave you a message telling you that your insurance rejected and we need a new card, do NOT call me back and chew me out because you claim “nothing has changed”.  if NOTHING had changed I wouldn’t be calling you. ( then actually tried to give me the OLD card..like I wouldn’t already know that??

A customer dropped off a prescription for something I had to order.  I told him it would be here tomorrow at NOON.  He appeared to hear all I had to say and said ” Ill be back after work tonight”…( FOR WHAT?) If I have to order a drug for tomorrow, it means TOMORROW..honestly..my wholesaler is not going to zip-line me that drug in two hours. must have rode the short bus in..

NO, I do not have any generic Adderall, and NO, I do not know who has any.   ( seriously? why ask that question?)  I do not have a secret computer access code to the inventory of my competitors…and my Planters Honey Peanut jar crystal ball isn’t telling me when I will get any.  THANKS DEA!  LOVE YA..not so much!

we are undergoing a remodel right now…setting the stage for the next one–there is a huge plywood wall where our wait room USED to be: “Can I use your blood pressure machine?”  Sorry , not at this time, we are remodeling ( duh). we have no wait room right now and no power in that area of the store.” Does that mean NO?  ( and huffs away  mad)

On the same note:  Huge wall of plywood blocking half the store, saws whirling, construction people and orange tape/cones everywhere, big signs saying “pardon our mess”..and 300 people have asked  ” Whats going on?’

Customer KNOWS his insurance has been termed..we called ahead for the new card…he knew it…and failed to bring it.  And he is mad at me because I wont just “give” him the rx.

Actual conversaton:  ME:  do you have your new insurance card?  HE:  YEA, do you need it?….( blank stare)

I have a pile of 30 transfers to get from various WAG’s.  Somebody drops off 4 more, wants to get it in 20 min.  I tell him that 24 hours is the requirement for transfers right now. He leaves….and comes back in a half hour asking somebody ELSE if it is ready.  its under a pile of 30 transfers, and the tech knows it so she goes thru the pile ONE BY ONE in front of him…and finds it.  He gets the drift…finally.

He must have only been slightly beaten with the stupid stick…he recovered.

Comment by Don

January 10, 2012 @ 4:59 am

>300 people have asked ” Whats going on?’

Hi Chick.

I don’t consider myself stupid, but I probably would have asked what was being built. Then again, I’m on first name terms with my local pharmacist.

I’m just guessing that if 300 people are all asking the same question, your sign MIGHT NOT be providing enough information!

Perhaps adding some info to the sign telling them a little more about what renovations are being made might be in order.

They’ve been doing it with the roadworks in my area, and you can read what the project is about while you sit in traffic. I find it interesting and calms me down myself.

Comment by TECHnically Insane

January 10, 2012 @ 6:51 am

Poor Chick, the 1st of the year have been rough for us too! And we are not dealing with remods either. It gets better, after all the tools get their insurance figured out.

*hugs*

T

Comment by RPh

January 10, 2012 @ 8:00 am

Don’t forget, you can go to transfersafe.walgreens.com to request those 30 copies!!! (in certain states…)

Comment by Texas Pharmacy Chica

January 10, 2012 @ 11:48 am

@RPH – I was wondering about that the other day when I encountered it. Pretty sure the local laws states RPH must talk to other RPH, because what is preventing a tech from doing it? What about controlled substances?

Speaking of controlled substances….anybody have any experience with electronic prescribing of such? We are not certified..yet…..but how do we know the prescribers are? Some of our docs seem to be able to manually type in things like lorazepam, thus overriding the pull-down menu, but since we are not certified, we cannot take them and must call back to get the script. Yes, I wrote override, because I have asked about the prescribers being certified and they are not.

Happy New Years, PC!! I know, I know…. you wrote that you would cut down this year, but I still look forward to reading your entries.

Comment by Loren Pechtel

January 11, 2012 @ 1:20 pm

“What’s going on?” actually is a reasonable question. Obviously there is construction going on but the question is what’s being constructed.there is a sign posted all over the project describing it. I just want it to be over. it will be beautiful when its done, but for now its a dusty, dirty, mess LOL. but the plus side of it is this: the contractor is a hunk so I get to see him nearly every day!

Comment by Amy

January 12, 2012 @ 8:43 pm

I know, at least on Walgreen’s end, the pharmacist has to sign in to the server that allows access to send our mass transfers *sigh*.

Comment by PhxRph

January 20, 2012 @ 6:41 pm

The Transfersafe is pretty cool, however not all states have approved it! In Arizona, it has only been approved for use for 2 months, then it’s back to verbal transfers 🙁 Wag in Arizona also has a phone # dedicated entirely to transfers. We have already taken some rx’s back- its pretty crazy & I think the first 6 months of the year is going to be The Great Transfer Brigade!