Mean People Suck.

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 11:31 pm on Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I really do not know why they call the holidays the “season of Goodwill”.  People are anxious, grouchy, and alltogether a bunch of pissheads, and its starting earlier than usual.  Generally its AFTER Thanksgiving. The day started out so well, but it didn’t stay that way.

Case in Point:

This guy calls up at 3 pm today, and says he wants to transfer a RX from another pharmacy.  I get his name and DOB, and then he tells me the rx is for his SON, so I ask for the son’s name and DOB. I hear a tsk in the back ground. ( am I supposed to read his mind?)  I get the pharmacy name, the drug he wants me to transfer, yada yada.  Apparently its some antibiotic that my competitor is out of.  He asks me when it will be ready.  I tell him ” I should have this done in 2 hours”. He tells me he wants it in a half hour. I tell him that I am sorry but at this present time that 2 hours is a realistic time frame due to the current workload, but I will do it as soon as I possibly can and call him when its done.  I had 10 rx actually waiting to be filled for people in the store, more to check for waiting clients, and…2 people sitting in the wait room for vaccinations, and this joker wants me to do a transfer and a fill in 30 minutes.  Funny, I thought the earth revolved around the  sun, not you.

So he closes out with this comment.  ” I dont appreciate this mediocre service, just cancel it”.  MEDIOCRE…

Thank you much for calling.  ( not really)

November 23, 2011 @ 5:22 am

Hell, try getting a parking space at Costco during the “Goodwill season” and you’ll realize that “peace on Earth” is a pipe dream.

Comment by Mallory

November 23, 2011 @ 7:01 am

Poor chap probrably thinks phoning allows him to jump the queue.
Half an hour probrably wouldn’t be bad for JUST transferring and filling his RX. It’s all those pesky OTHER people that are causing a problem.exactly…and to make matters more interesting this is one of those pharmacies that we rarely speak to the pharmacists…they take the rx number in question and say ” we will fax it to you”..which means that fax will arrive in either 5 minutes or 5 hours…we never really know.

Comment by Erin

November 23, 2011 @ 2:45 pm

Sounds like you dodged a bullet, PC. You didn’t want that business!

Comment by IAPharmer

November 23, 2011 @ 8:47 pm

Had one today who wanted 3 transfers. 2 were controls and some gabapentin. She said they were refills. I asked several times to make sure that the controls were not new prescriptions (my state of residence does not allow us to transfer new prescriptions).

I finally get around to calling the other pharmacy; guess what, they were called in and are new!

She then got pissed that I could not fill them and did not understand that refills, even though I spent 10 minutes explaining it….growl

Comment by mdb

November 23, 2011 @ 10:03 pm

I had some people I wanted to go out and smack upside the head. One called all day to complain about the MD office not getting back on some generic protonix, and when they did apparently she wanted 40mg instead of 20mg, well by this time it’s 8pm and the office is long gone. I get a screaming and swearing earfull from this granny who is pissed because “we always screw up her order” and we are just suppose to switch it to what ever strength she wants. Add another happy customer who was pissed that some triamcinolone lotion was like $83 at our pharmacy compared to like $68 at rite aid, got screamed at because of that and got the script ripped out of my hand. The final idiot of the trio was pissed because the insurance won’t pick a cent on her generic fosamax because it’s $9 cash price so she wants us to transfer the RX back to the original pharmacy because its like $7.80 there with her insurance (their cash price is like $90). She was not happy that I was not willing to price match an insurance copay at another pharmacy. I’m sorry but the pharmacy already takes a bath on alot of medications (ex accuisition cost for one drug is $250, state insurance reimburses at $15). At least I got out of ordering a whole bottle of nucynta for a crappy $10 coupon by explaining to the caregiver that it will take until tues to come in and after the coupon the insurance will likely deny a PA after requiring it or slap a huge copay on the thing so then I’m stuck with a bottle cooking off in my narc drawer, though no one else in the county stocks the crap either so go figure how popular it is outside of the coupon (which I have never seen insurance cover in all the stores I float through)

Comment by murgatr

November 24, 2011 @ 3:17 am

I’ve had people call in to the pharmacy for their refills while they were in the parking lot just outside the store. Really? You expect them to be ready for you by the time you reach the counter less than 2 minutes later? Um, that would be NO.

murgatr
Pharm. Tech. RDC’06

Comment by PharmGamerChick

November 27, 2011 @ 1:04 pm

Thankfully, I was off the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. However, I do not look forward to working the Monday and Tuesday after Thanksgiving 😛

Comment by Steph

November 27, 2011 @ 6:16 pm

Ohhh, PC. This is really making me dread my 10 hour shift tomorrow! Hope you had a great holiday!