The Pharmacy Chick

Flying the coup in retail

Just when you think you have seen it all.

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 9:54 pm on Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Its the day after a holiday and all thru the pharmacy the techs are scrambling and the pharmacist is under water.  The phones are ringing off the hook and people are hotter than the fireworks they blew off all last night. ” I want my THIS… I need my THAT…and I must have it NOW” ..that is the theme of the day.

Then about 230 this lady comes to the counter with a bunch of stuff in baggies.  Prescription bottles melted with tablets glued to the remains of what used to be a labeled bottle.  “What the ____?

” I had my bottles on the stove and I turned it on.”.

Well…alrighty then..thats a new one.   One might think that nearly a quarter century in the retail world that most circumstances might have been played out..

nope.

7 Comments »

Comment by Dr. Grumpy

July 6, 2011 @ 5:14 am

She’s lucky she didn’t start a fire.

Comment by Blindhawg

July 6, 2011 @ 6:00 am

Yeah, you really hear some whoppers in our line of work, but if you can actually prove that the crazy
shit happened, I’ll work with you. I had a lady bring
me a bag of vials that were partially melted and covered
with an oily black residue. “My trailer caught on fire”
she said. I believed her. It also helped that she wanted
everything filled, not just the Xanax and Lorcet.

Comment by PA Honeybee

July 6, 2011 @ 8:36 am

I agree with Dr. Grumpy, but what I wanna know is this: why on earth were the meds on the stove? You can see the bottles, why not move them before turning the stove on?I also wondered the same thing! I’d never think to place, let alone STORE pills on a stove.

Unbelievable. Some people are inexplicably talented I guess.

Comment by The Ole' Apothecary

July 7, 2011 @ 4:43 am

I actually had a “my dog ate my drug” which I believed because the customer brought in the evidence: a crushed,tooth-marked vial. Having grown up with plastic-chewing dogs, I recognized the true mark of Fido.

Comment by Mimi

July 7, 2011 @ 10:45 am

Haha yeah last week customer called and said that her dog ate her nuvaring!

Comment by Nicole

July 9, 2011 @ 6:58 am

I thought I was the only one who had run in to that. In my case, it was a mildly demented patient who set her prefilled medication box on the stove and then turned the stove on.

Comment by CPhT

July 9, 2011 @ 11:47 pm

A lady brought us her disabled daughter’s weekly pill box once and the docusate had exploded over everything!! She tried to say it just spontaneously happened at the beach but we knew for a fact it hadn’t been all that terribly hot that week … We were pretty sure she just left it in the hot car.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a comment

XHTML: You can use these tags: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>