Um, I love you too? …a reader’s submission

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 8:57 am on Saturday, April 23, 2011

I can’t take credit for this happening to me, but it was too priceless not to share..so I do it verbatim:

Sorry to bug you on Easter, you’ve GOT TO hear this.  I thought of you the SECOND this happened.

I just had an out-of-town Doc call in an RX for a patient visiting for the holiday.  It was just Keflex, and when he signed off, I said “Thanks Doc, have a good day.”

His response?

“I love you.”

Yeah, you read that right.

I should have told him, “Dr., really, we just met.  You’re taking this too fast.”

How funny is that?

Happy Easter to you and Mr. Chick!

And Happy Easter to all my readers!

Comment by Anonymous

April 23, 2011 @ 10:54 am

Poor doctor. Hopefully this means there is a girlfriend/fiancee/wife out there who is very much loved.

Comment by liz

April 23, 2011 @ 1:45 pm

I’ve been known to do this back before my kids could drive because I would drop them off and automatically say “love you, bye” and I would do it to friends and babysitters accidentally, always good for a laugh.

April 23, 2011 @ 1:57 pm

I think we’ve all done something like this. He was likely horrified if he realized it.

Comment by Mike

April 23, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

Doc G.,

I am the reader that submitted this, and yes, he DID realize it — when he came in to pick up the RX several hours later, he wouldn’t make any eye contact w/ me whatsoever.

I feel for the poor guy, even though he’s a Phillies fan. But man, it was funny to hear over the phone and made my otherwise boring pre-Easter Saturday that much more exciting.

Peace!
~Mike D,

Comment by Unchained Pharmacist

April 25, 2011 @ 12:31 pm

Oh, that’s what “I love you” meant. I thought it was just doc who’s still living in Woodstock.