Customer Comment of the Day Jan 22 2011

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 9:11 pm on Saturday, January 22, 2011

( mindless chit chat at the cash register..)

Ms Chat:” Did you go to This State University?”

PC: ” No, actually I am not from here. I am from Califlorida, I moved here in 1988.”

Ms Chat: ” REALLY?  Do you know John Smith??? He is from Califlorida!”

PC:” Um, no haven’t heard of him” (smile politely)

Ms Chat (surprised look on face) “Wow, really?” (takes receipt and off she goes)

Califlorida has a population of several million people….and I haven’t live there in 22 years…and she was genuinely surprised I didn’t know John..

I had to chuckle…

January 23, 2011 @ 6:01 am

I hear odd comments like that, too, when I’m traveling. I still don’t understand it.

Like you say, it’s mindless chit-chat. With the emphasis on her being mindless.

Comment by The Ole' Apothecary

January 23, 2011 @ 12:27 pm

If you live in Califlorida, you then enjoy orange juice that is twice as nice.

Comment by Brett

January 23, 2011 @ 12:51 pm

I live in a city of 3 million people. It seems like primarily people from small towns will ask those types of questions. It’s cute.

Comment by Texas Pharmacy Chica

January 24, 2011 @ 7:45 am

Haven’t lived where I grew up for almost 20 years. Still, I go ‘home’ and clerks look at me and go something along the line of:

“Aren’t you the girl from the Oakland farm? Ruddy James’ kid?”

“No, I’m from the creek side, oldest of Ingmar’s daughters”

“Oh, yeah, your grandma is a cousin of my auntie, on the Polyard side”

Gotta love small towns.

Comment by Miss Kismet

January 25, 2011 @ 10:21 pm

I think people see the world a lot smaller than most.

I have a question Chick….what do you do when a customer in the drive through refuses to leave? I was behind someone who sat and waited 45 minutes. The staff had asked him to leave and return when his prescription was finished, but he stubbornly refused to leave. I would love to have gone inside, but I had a sleeping baby in the car! The tech apologized, I knew it wasn’t her fault but I had to wonder if there was action you could take to move the jerk along. I personally contemplated my baseball back against his nice, new paint =/Well, since I don’t have a drive thru its a moot point. If I could, I would have backed out and gone in the door, baby or no baby. The management of the store should have gone outside and made the guy move. to hold up all traffic at the expense of everybody else was inappropriate . thats a demonstration of weak management. I would have said. “move your car or you will never get your prescription.”…and said it with a smile.