Customer comment of the day…The winner!

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 10:24 am on Thursday, January 6, 2011

Tech extraordinare was checking out a customer who didn’t like the price of his eyedrops.  Without blinking an eye the customer complained:

“Well, it just SEEMS TO ME that is you have INSURANCE you get to pay a lot less than if you DON’T…”

Um yes…that would be true…

Comment by loveinmyjob

January 6, 2011 @ 10:52 am

Wow, this customer must work for a PBM otherwise how would he grasp such a complex concept!!

January 6, 2011 @ 11:03 am

“Yes sir. Have a nice day.”

Comment by Dave

January 6, 2011 @ 6:36 pm

Yes that is the joy of the American Health care system. If you have money you get better care.not necessarily…if you have welfare you get pretty good care too..its the rest of us that get hosed a good part of the time.

Comment by The Redheaded Pharmacist

January 6, 2011 @ 9:47 pm

I’d love to have a dumb comment jar at work. You know, a kind of spin off of the swear jar idea. And have the jar labeled “Dumb Comment Jar: All Dumb Comments $0.25” so customers could see and read it. That way when someone would said something like that comment you mentioned above I could simply point at the jar and say “I’m sorry sir, but you’re going to have to put a quarter in there.” LOL

Comment by The Ole' Apothecary

January 6, 2011 @ 11:58 pm

PC, did you write “without blinking an eye” with a straight face (the subject being eye drops)?

I didn’t have any dumb comments when I was in retail. I just had downright EVIL pronouncements, e.g., “You son of a bitch!” “You thief!” “You won’t go to heaven.” And then there was the guy who threw a quarter at me. There were always people who would throw prescription vials at me. Of course, those were the days of yore, when we traveled by points and condensers, and the Nephilim came to earth just before Adam and Eve—you know, 1978 or so, leaded-gas days.har har har. cant believe I missed my own pun! Ive been called every name in the book over the years, had both money and rx bottles thrown at me. Its no wonder I choose the company of dogs to people most of the time.

Comment by PharmacyJim

January 9, 2011 @ 11:24 am

I have a coffee cup that says “I See Stupid People,” but my wife won’t let me use it at work. Of course, she is a lot smarter than me.when i was shopping at a gift shop they sold a little ceramic jar that said “ashes of problem customers” . I REALLY wanted to keep that on my counter. It was vetoed.