What I dont care about

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 8:17 pm on Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Pharmacy chick spent her birthday working..(yuk) then housecleaning (yukkier) and finally taking her car in for service to be left over night(yukkiest).  She thinks a dinner out and a bottle of wine might have been a more fun way to spend that day but you take what you can get sometimes.

When I was at the dealership waiting for Mr Chick to pick me up, I was left to either watch a football game on tv or read some of the magazines so graciously provided by the staff.  I suppose if you are going to have to spend a lot of time waiting for your car, a comfortable chair and something to do is a nice touch.

A small stack of People magazine lay before me.  Years ago I used to subscribe to it until the subscription price reached over a hundred bucks a year.  I decided I could do more with a c-note than read about the lives of celebrities I dont know.

I picked up the stack and started skimming thru the contents.  I realized I am hopelessly out of touch with “life” as People Mag reports it…which reinforces my decision NOT to start buying any copies of this magazine for myself..Here are some things I just can’t care about:

1.  Who George Clooney is dating….this week…

2. Anything about Britney Spears..or however she spells her name.  I dont care about her kids or which man has fathered them that she is hanging out at the beach with.  I also dont care what she weighs.

3.  The Duggars and their 19 kids….remember “8 is enough”?  yea..I didnt’ think so.

4. Kate Gosslein..or her hairdo…or how she dances.

5. Kardashian Anything!  Who are these people anyway and what in the world are they famous for other than “being famous?”

6. BraT Pitt and Angelina Jolie…Again, who cares where they are, who they are fighting over and what kid they want to adopt this month?

7. Oprah Winfrey’s weight or what she is giving away on her show.

8.  For THAT matter, ANYBODY who has lost weight…and wants to brag about their story.  If you hadn’t gotten fat in the first place…HELLO! If you cure cancer…that will get my attention.

9. Some celebrity “overcoming” drug or alcohol addiction.  You know what?  if you werent’ such a moron in the first place you wouldn’t need to “over come” anything.

10. who wore what at the Emmy’s or Oscars..

11.  I dont care to read any more stories of  some star’s new “eternal” soulmate..who will most certainly be dumped by this time next year.

12. Baby Bumps.  enough of the pregnant celebrities!

13. Jennifer Aniston anything…

After about 1/2 hour Mr Chick finally arrived to take me home.  I realized that I am quite happy to have a life not worthy of an article in People Magazine.  I am content being a friend to many, a wife to one, and if I can be a “hero” to somebody sometime in my life, I will have counted it worthwhile!

Comment by Karen

September 15, 2010 @ 8:38 pm

Well said. And you are perfectly exactly right. And I’d be guessing that you are a hero to quite a few of your customers. Happy Belated Birthday!

September 16, 2010 @ 5:06 am

Oh, I SO agree with you, PC.

And happy birthday!

Comment by Grumpy Old CRA

September 16, 2010 @ 6:12 am

Hi PharmacyChick

Thought and your fellow readers would get a laugh (or cry) at the dumb crap people will go through for drugs. You need to click on the link to see the pics of what his mask look liked… priceless!

Grump Old CRA (aka Matt in real life!)

September 16, 2010
Ryan Gelineau – Jailed After Breaking Into Pharmacy To Steal Prescription Meds – Found Inside Store Intoxicated On Cough Syrup

Plainville, Massachusetts (The Weekly Vice) – Ryan Gelineau, a 17-year-old Plainville teen was jailed Monday after he allegedly broke into a pharmacy to steal medication, but was unable to escape – police found him hiding inside the store the next morning, intoxicated on prescription cough syrup.

According to Plainville police, Gelineau broke into a Plainville pharmacy after he climbed atop the building and then cut a hole into the roof using a hacksaw and crowbar. He then reportedly used a rope to drop 20 feet down into the store, where he filled a duffel bag with cough syrup bottles, more than 100 bottles of pills, four cartons of cigarettes and $320 in cash.

Unfortunately for Gelineau, he was unable to get himself back out of the store.

He was found in a crawlspace inside the store early the next morning after employees kept hearing a cell phone ringing. Officers called to the location traced the noise to Gelineau’s hiding spot.

He was found semi-conscious after police believe he drank two bottles of prescription cough syrup containing Codeine while hiding in the crawl space overnight. He was taken to Sturdy Memorial Hospital for treatment.

In addition to the stolen items, police recovered a hack saw blade, crow bar and a mask that was left at the scene.

Gelineau was booked into jail on felony charges of breaking and entering, possession of burglar’s tools, possession of prescription narcotics with intent to distribute and larceny.

At an initial hearing, the court heard testimony detailing Gelineaus long history of drug dependence and unsuccessful attempts of drug rehab. He was ordered by a judge to complete 30 days in rehab, before returning to court to be sentenced

Mandi Milenko
The Weekly Vice

A real brilliant one isn’t he? what was that mask..a cut up hefty bag??

Comment by Adam

September 16, 2010 @ 7:02 am

# 10 should read:

“who wore WHOM at the Emmy’s or Oscars..”

Apparently, it’s more appropriate to ask WHOM you’re wearing as opposed to what. First time I heard someone ask that question, I had flashbacks of Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

Comment by Phathead

September 16, 2010 @ 8:14 am

Eh, if People was really accurate, they’d be talking about me and how flippin’ awesome I am.
I’ll look for you the next time they have their Sexiest Man issue…”

Comment by The Redheaded Pharmacist

September 16, 2010 @ 8:17 am

Well PC, it is a superficial world and magazines like People bank on that fact and make a good profit promoting trivial things like what celebrities are wearing to the masses. For what it’s worth I too am very thankful I live a life that if very un-People magazine worthy. And is People magazine really that expensive? What a joke. You can find all of the celebrity gossip and nauseating updates online for free if you really are into that crap. And happy belated birthday PC!

Comment by Frantic Pharmacist

September 17, 2010 @ 8:07 pm

My only addition to your list would be:
14. ANYTHING that ANYBODY posts on Twitter.

Comment by Aarushi

October 4, 2010 @ 1:20 am

I loved this entry and your blog in general!
I laughed out loud so many times! 🙂

Thanks for making my day with your ‘ramblings’!!