Bring on the Simvastatin, I sense there will be a need!

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 8:35 am on Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The chocolate covered bacon intrigued me.  I love bacon….I love chocolate…but I am not so sure about the combo!

Comment by Jaded RPh

March 24, 2010 @ 9:13 am

You should acquaint yourself with the cuisine of the Iowa State Fair. The talk always seems to be, “What will they deep-fry this year??” And no, I am NOT joking.

Previous headliners:
Deep-fried Twinkies
Deep-fried Snickers
Deep-fried oreos
Deep-fried pickels

And last year was deep-fried bacon.
Add that to all the stand fair food and you have a stomach’s worst nightmare.
A friend and former classmate of mine wanted to make a T-shirt: “I went to the Iowa State Fair and all I got was Type 2 Diabetes.”

Now, if you’re excuse me, just discussing gives me a craving … for TUMS.

March 24, 2010 @ 7:19 pm

State fair time, huh?
at that time yes, when I took that pic. I was sorting my photos online and found this gem. i also found some other priceless ones but since they have my FACE in them, I cannot post them.

Comment by chris

March 25, 2010 @ 6:05 am

why do some people feel the need to deep fry everything? a local chippy from me offers to deep fry anything you bring in (obviously withing reasonable limits) my friend, just for a giggle went and got a packed of gummy bears deep fried. That was a strange taste to say the least.

Comment by UGARx16

March 25, 2010 @ 6:55 am

Bacon and chocolate are a wonderful combination in my book—A premier choc comp VOSGES has a chocolate bacon bar in dark and milk chocolate and It’s divine!!!

Comment by The Redheaded Pharmacist

April 9, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

Someone brought in some chocolate covered bacon at one of the stores I work at one day not too long ago. It was suprisingly good considering I thought it was an odd combination. It satisfies that sweet and salty craving at the same time!