Grab a towel, my eyes are bleeding!

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 8:55 pm on Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Well, the town of Chickville went from mid 40’s to mid 60’s in about 24 hours.  The rumor is true, there IS a Sun, and it occasionally peeks from behind massive clouds and warms the surrounding air.  Unfortunately, the appearance of this SUN also seems to have the rather unusual effect of making normal-appearing people wearing winter clothes, shed them like they are full of fleas and start revealing body parts better left covered.

Lets just remember however people, that mid 60’s in March is still cool.  The wind is blowing a bit and I am still quite comfortable in my long sleeves and long pants.  Its not friggin 95 degrees outside.

This lady approaches the counter and I am all but embarrassed.  Her massive mammies are barely concealed by this deeply plunging t-shirt.   I dont want to look but how can I avoid it?  She either needs more shirt or less mammies. She is jiggling like jello while she hems and haws about the copay of her Oxycontin and all I can think is “dont stare dont stare dont stare dont stare”

This guy walks by the pharmacy and I about spit out my Coke ( a terrible waste I assure you of excellent Coke). He is wearing a golf shirt, and basketball shorts circa 1975….with black socks and tennis shoes.   I am not sure what he was aiming to say with his attire, but its safe to say it missed the mark.

This lady came by that looked as though PINK had puked all over her. Pink leather coat, Pink pants and  Pink FEDORA.  Who wears fedoras?  And where in the world would you find a pink one?

The upside of all this would be that people were way more jovial than usual.  Yea, they may look like they got dressed in a Goodwill dumpster in the dark, but Mr Sun was doing the trick today!

Comment by Jade

March 17, 2010 @ 10:21 pm

I had to look twice. A woman was walking into the store as I was parking the car and all I could see was silver Rockettes high-heeled dancing shoes and a long ill-fitting bottle green leather coat down to her ankles, with her whitish blonde hair spiked up. When she followed me to the deli, I had a chance to note that she was wearing jeans split on the sides from the knees down and silver chest jewelry, but I couldn’t politely look too much longer.
are ya sure it was a “she”?

March 18, 2010 @ 4:55 am

Maybe they were on the way to Walmart.
that thought crossed my mind.

Comment by chris

March 18, 2010 @ 6:40 am

One of my patients (a 90 year old lady) looks like she survived an explosion in a pink factory. She wears pink EVERYTHING, her favourite item is a pink tracksuit made out of some sort of velvet/felt type material. she has a pink-rinse in her hair, wears bright pink make-up and lipstick. She is a great customer and loyal patient but she looks bizarre.

Comment by IAPharmer

March 18, 2010 @ 5:59 pm

AHHH BAD FLASHBACK FROM THIS MORNING CHICK! I thought I had burned it from my memory banks, took a swig directly from the chloral hydrate bottle, but NO you just had to bring it back up and mine was even worse.

Woman with the giant mammies and the not so giant V-neck? My woman came to the counter REACHED INTO those mammies, took out a wad of cash, fumbled through it…did not find her prescription, then DOVE BACK IN, pulled out tissues and finally a prescription for none other than her Oxycontin…After I figured it out that somewhere in there was a prescription I faked like I had a phone call and walked away forcing one of my techs to touch that thing. As the prescription was making it’s way down the counter I donned exam gloves and did not let it touch my bare skin.

Ahh the joys to come Chick, thank you for reminding me!
OMG..YOU WIN…ewwwww

Comment by Texas Pharmacy Chica

March 18, 2010 @ 6:29 pm

IAPHARMER – there is a reason some of us rarely eat while at work……I have been known to file yucky rx’s in ziplock bags (sweat, snot, blood – is it so hard to keep that little piece of paper dry?)

Ohhh, my point: Down here people do the opposite in the fall. Yep, as soon as the weatherman predicts the temp will drop below 60, people haul out their wintergear. Since we only need winterwear about 15 days a year….those jackets last a LONG time. Think back to your childhood. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen downjackets older than myself. Amazing brown polyester things.

Since this Chica actually hails from much cooler climates and owned a total of 2 pairs of shorts when she moved down here, she feels quite justified in snickering at the Coastal Texas “Winter”.

Comment by Shalom (R.Ph.)

March 24, 2010 @ 10:37 am

Who wears fedoras?

I wear fedoras. Pretty much everyone in the Chareidi (ultra-orthodox Jewish) community wears Fedoras; the black Borsalino is literally part of the uniform, along with the black suit and the white shirt. (The Borsalino Hat Co. gets probably half their business from this community.) I don’t consider myself a member of that group, but many/most of my neighbors do, so I try to fit in a little.

I won’t wear a black one, though. Charcoal grey or lighter, thank you very much.