All I wanted to do was pee!

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 9:12 am on Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The only time I ever get real peace is when I go to the bathroom.  For a couple of precious moments I piddle in private and quiet. Sometimes I will just sit and enjoy the quiet for an extra minute.  One day I popped into the bathroom.  I was in the first stall and the third stall was occupied.  I piddled successfully and flushed. As I was about to exit, the lady in the 3rd stall spoke out “help me!”.

“Um, Do you need help standing up?” I asked.  It was an older lady who replied “No!, my hemorrhoid has fallen out, I need somebody to put it back in”.  I was taken aback. I wanted to walk out. NO WAY was I sticking my finger into her rumpus.  I said “ma’am, I will call an ambulance for you, I will call a family member for you, but I cannot do what you just asked me to do”.

The lady told me she would try to  “reach it” and I told her again, that I would call medical care for somebody for her but she declined.

And so I left.

Note to self:  Find an empty bathroom next time.

Comment by poe

July 15, 2009 @ 9:47 am

lol That is so gross. Nice handling of the situation.

Comment by PharmacyJim

July 15, 2009 @ 10:10 am

Wow, Chick, I have had some doozies in my 30 years, but this takes the cake.

Comment by sickofstupidpeople

July 15, 2009 @ 8:27 pm

Eeeeeeeewwwwwww!!!!

Comment by IAPhrmr

July 16, 2009 @ 4:04 pm

My father was once an EMT for a large casino. He had a woman in a bathroom that was screaming for help, when he arrived, she stated she was constipated and needed an enema. He informed her that, that is not an emergency and she could go down the street to Walgreens to pick one up and use it there LOL….another staff member recommended the fire hose out in the hall…she was not amused!

Comment by AshleyM.

July 16, 2009 @ 6:51 pm

whoa! thats all I can say…WHOA!

Comment by Phat

July 18, 2009 @ 11:07 am

LMAO that is the funniest damned thing I have read in a while

Comment by The Ole' Apothecary

July 18, 2009 @ 11:27 pm

We have met the enema, and they are we.
A punny comment, that is!

July 19, 2009 @ 9:37 am

Yuck! You dealt with the situation perfectly.

Comment by chris

July 21, 2009 @ 5:22 am

I worked in a branch pharmacy as a one off cover pharmacist and their toilet was blocked. We had to use the toilet in the pub next door and on one occasion I actually had someone trying to ask me about their medicines through the toilet door. I was so happy, they had no proof it was actually me so i was in the wonderful position of telling a patient to f##k off and leave me alone.