All time weird questions.

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 1:42 pm on Thursday, October 30, 2008

In the course of a day, Pharmacy Chick answers questions…lots of them.  We have the pharmacy related questions,  non pharmacy related questions, and the bizarre questions.  Ironically, the bizarre ones tend to come from men…go figure.

Guy comes to the counter and asks to speak to a pharmacist.  I separate myself from the task I was doing to see what he wants.  With a straight face he asks me ” Do you know how to barbecue corn?”

Guy corners me as I am counseling somebody in front of the pharmacy: ” Where is your motor oil?”  We dont have motor oil, this is a drugstore.  Joe’s auto parts next door will carry oil. ” I didn’t want to make a separate trip” Joe’s  is in this mall, you can walk there, its 2 doors down.  “I didn’t want to write 2 checks” (under my breath) Life sucks doesn’t it.  Whats weird is he didn’t buy anything..he didn’t write a first check…

Gal comes to the counter, and I am super busy.  She’s a retired nurse so it amazes me with how many questions she asks me, that I think she should already know. Regardless, I hear her ask the tech “may I ask a question of the pharmacist, I need a recommendation.”  I tell her I will be there right after I give a vaccination.  Once completed I give her my complete professional attention. “What kind of syringe do you reccommend…(here it comes)  for injecting…. (drumroll) …..glue under my wallpaper?

Or another: “How much Sudafed should I give my dog?”  I wouldn’t give my dog sudafed he’s never had a cold. “But if you did, how much would you give him?” Dogs dont get colds, that I am aware of, so I’d ask my vet, honestly.  “Thanks for nothing!”

“Can I use Jello in my hair?”  I am still trying to figure that one out…dye job maybe?

“will a sharpie stain my teeth?”  This one came around halloween Lets put it this way friend..I dont know and lets not find out the hard way ok?  I’d say yes, but call your dentist.

So lets put it up for ya’ll readers..What are your all time favorite/weird/off the wall questions??

542

Comment by kathleen

October 30, 2008 @ 2:35 pm

the question was normal… what do i do for my hurt ankle… it is how he hurt his ankle that is the weird part… he kicked a bowling ball thinking it was a football (he was foreign so i am thinking he means soccer ball)

Whoa! that must have been some surprise and supreme regret the instant he did that!

543

Comment by Pharmacy God

October 30, 2008 @ 4:35 pm

I had a young lady come up to me and ask what type of baby oil or lotion-type product she could use to make her skin glisten without clogging her pores.

She was an exotic dancer at the club two blocks down the street.
And did you follow up if your recommendation clogged her pores?????

544

Comment by Carol

October 30, 2008 @ 4:58 pm

two spring to mind.
1. How do I get mercury out of my swimming pool? (broke a mercury thermometer in the pool)
2. How do I get a cat out of the heating ducts? (was doing flooring in his house and took off vent covers)
Oh wait, a third one: How much saltpetre do I need to blow up a tree stump?

545

Comment by pharmacychick

October 30, 2008 @ 5:09 pm

Carol
1. suck it up with a straw.
2. A grappling hook and a stick. (oh, I suppose you want it alive?)
3. Weenie, go for the dynamite.
Pharmacy Chick

546

Comment by Phat

October 30, 2008 @ 6:26 pm

We have a woman who calls every day that must ask the pharmacist how many days there are until Christmas.

547

Comment by Tom

October 30, 2008 @ 7:24 pm

We had an elderly lady call and ask to speak to the pharmacist. I said, “Well, I’m a student, is it something I can answer?” She says, “Ok. Do I have to get naked for my MRI?”

To prevent from laughing into her ear, I put her on hold with the excuse, “Let me double check, one sec.”

In the time it took for me and the rest of the pharmacy (because I had to spread the news) to stop laughing, she hung up. Fifteen minutes later, I get another call.

“Can I wear a pants suit to my MRI?”

548

Comment by PharMama

October 31, 2008 @ 2:06 am

Stupid questions (but at least pharmacy related):
“Does this tablet also work when I am sleeping?”

“Do you have these tablets (shows me one simple white one) in green?”

“Which one is stronger? Saridon 200mg or Saridon 400mg?”

549

Comment by lb969cpht

October 31, 2008 @ 8:49 pm

Where are your hearing aid batteries?

-There is a display on the wall between my inwindow and consult window. the man was literally standing next to them. (glasses are in isle 10)

Why can’t I take my Ambien with all my other pills at breakfast?

– Because you don’t want to sleep through lunch?

Man walks up to the counter. Walks past the laxetives, the antacids, and the alkalizers
“Where are you antacids?”

You know where the sign on the wall says antacids?

“Yeah I just walked past it.”

*Awkward silence*

Did you look under the sign?

“Oh…”

550

Comment by pharmvent

October 31, 2008 @ 9:01 pm

1.) Do you have any questions for the pharmacist?
‘Yes, does my lip color look ok? Or should I just stick to lipgloss?’

2.) ‘I have a question for the pharmacist…you’re not the pharmacist. I’ll just wait’ (the pharmacist was counseling someone else and then gets her next)
‘Are you the pharmacist?…ok, I have a question. How do you spell cholesterol?’

3.) Why does my Ambien say ’78’ on it? Are you trying to kill me? I’m taking 10mg – not 78! …Oh..well why did they put 78 on it? I’d like to make a complaint about this. What is your name?’

551

Comment by Jaded Rx Intern

November 1, 2008 @ 9:27 pm

1) Is the Amoxicillin 875 stronger than the Amoxicillin 500?

2) Talking on the phone with an elderly woman with recommendations on helping her husband poop. Go through the gamut of medicines, and get to enemas. “How do you use an enema – do you drink it?”

3) One of my friends got this one: “I just took some cocaine about an hour ago – can I take my Clonazepam?”

4) A pharmacist I work with got this one: “I’ve been using my penis pump for the last 20 minutes, and this white stuff came out – what is it?”

5) In the drive-thru: “Where is the new Dept of Transportation?” (Not too shocking, as the old location was next door). Explained where it is and how to get there. “What’s the address?” I don’t know. “Why not?”

552

Comment by newbierph

November 3, 2008 @ 8:21 am

“Can I drink soda and milk together?” Sure why not.

10 min later “Can I drink milk and water together?” Again, sure why not.

And once again…this one a little bit more pharmacy related “Can I take aspirin and milk together?” Sure ya can.

553

Comment by sickofstupidpeople

November 3, 2008 @ 1:56 pm

As a matter of fact, I do know how to barbecue corn!!!
I get a lot of veterinary questions, and, unless it’s something I’ve dealt with for my own pets, I usually don’t know the answer. That’s why I hired a tech who spent 10 years as a vet tech before going to pharmacy tech school!
All time weirdest… I was working night shift in a hospital. Guy calls and asks for the pharmacist. I identify myself as such, and he says, “No, I want a male pharmacist” Sorry, no males here tonight. “How come there are so many female pharmacists?” I don’t know, how can I help you? “There’s still more male pilots than female pilots, aren’t there?” I don’t know, how can I help you? Conversation goes on a couple of more minutes about why there are so many female pharmacists, then guy hangs up. He calls repeatedly throughout the night, and we go through the exact same conversation each time. Then, as the shift is nearly over, phone rings, I answer, only to hear “More men pharmacists!”, click. Totally bizarre….

554

Comment by PharmacyWhippingBoy

November 3, 2008 @ 5:21 pm

Not mine, my pharmacist got this one:

“What’s the best condom to use for anal sex?”

And my personal favorite:

“My buddy just took like 15 Valiums. Should I call an ambulance?”

“Yes. Hang up and call 911 right now.”

“He takes an awful lot all the time though.”

“Sir, I am hanging up now so you can call 911.”

555

Comment by Mickey Blue Eyes

November 10, 2008 @ 11:47 am

@ Sickofstupidpeople: I’m guessing he has something wrong with either his “thing” or his butt and is too embarrassed to ask a female medical professional.

Maybe he was grumpy from his affliction or maybe he’s grumpy in general and decided to argue to cover his embarrassment about his affliction?

556

Comment by Legal Drug Dealer

November 12, 2008 @ 3:03 pm

Are you the Pharmacist?

Yes i am how can i help you?

But you look so young?

Thanks for the compliment is there somehting i can help you with?

I need a pharmacist with more experience, can i speak with someone else?

Im the only pharmacist, come back in a few years if you want.

557

Comment by angie

December 14, 2008 @ 9:13 am

not so much a question as a comment.

“i’m allergic to alcohol. my face gets red when i drink it.”

558

Comment by Carrie

February 19, 2010 @ 9:00 am

My two all-time favorites…from the same person!

“Did I fill out this IRS form correctly?”

and

“How much postage do you think I’ll need for this package?”