I need something to whine about today so I chose this.

Filed under: Uncategorized — pharmacychick at 10:15 pm on Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pharmacy chick logged in today to see that blogpharm as changed its format. Because I am a major techno-phobe, I dont appreciate having changes made to my computer stuff or my internet experience.  I mean, its taken me months just to figure out how to put a picture on my blog and now everything behind the scenes has moved.   Did anybody ask me?  They should have since I am one of only about 5 bloggers that use Blogpharm.  Harrrumph!  I cannot find squat on the composition pages.

I am the same way at the pharmacy.  Change some policy, some procedure, or move some of my stuff and expect some fall out.  Occasionally I won’t comply at all but don’t tell anybody about that.  Every evaluation I get has some comment about my “resistance to change”.  You’d think after 16 years they would give up.

Its been really bad lately in PC’s Pharmacy–We are being micromanaged to death.  Somebody at corporate is trying to justify his job. Every little movement is tracked, monitored, evaluated, then “improved”.  I suspect I couldn’t even pass gas without somebody offering a better way to do it. No longer is the end product the important issue, its all about the PROCESS–and uniformness.  After I unloaded a particular diatribe on the boss,  he exasperatedly asked “Why do you do this?”  I said.  ” I find it much more satisfying to complain than to comply without question. WHY do YOU keep doing this to ME? ”  ( it IS all about ME you know..heh heh) Lets put it this way: The sun rises in the east, sets in the west and the Chick hates change.   Except one.

Give me the winning lottery numbers and I’d be happy to CHANGE my employment status,  CHANGE my residence,  and make some major lifestyle CHANGES!

Til then, don’t mess with my stuff!

PC is checking out for a few days- time for some R&R with Mr Chick in the mountains, hence no computer, no posting, no email!

378

Comment by CPhT

August 7, 2008 @ 5:24 am

Our Pharmacy Supervisors say the same to me 🙂 “CPhT, WHY do you have to do this to me?! Someone give me a gun so I can shoot myself!”

I pride myself on this when I unload on one of their new “policies” that cause us more patient’s anger directed at us than anything else.

379

Comment by Scargosun

August 7, 2008 @ 7:52 am

What I don’t get is, if people get so used to a uniform way of doing things, doesn’t that make them less observant? I would think that would be a bad thing in pharmacy, ya know.

Once we had someone come in to watch us in the hospital pharmacy, to evaluate our efficiency. Really pissed us all off. This person didn’t even have a pharma background.

380

Comment by The Ole' Apothecary

August 7, 2008 @ 8:32 am

From the Department of Energy: effective January 1, 2010, all farts must be 10% ethanol. I expect excellent compliance.

All employment experiences–and even, all legislative experiences–could be boiled down to the managerial principles embodied in the film “Office Space.”

381

Comment by lb969cpht

August 7, 2008 @ 7:28 pm

At least WordPress only updates like twice a year, usually.

But yeah, it’ll take some getting used to…

382

Comment by Andrew, CPhT

August 8, 2008 @ 5:10 pm

Sorry about the change. Unfortunately, it was necessary, since the old WordPressMU (the software that BlogPharm runs on) had a lot of security holes in it. (I even had to disable signups for a while because of all the spam blogs that were being created)

I’m not too happy with the new admin layout either (they seem to have gone out of their way to move things around to where they don’t make any sense.)

I promise there won’t be any major upgrades for at least a couple of months, though, and I’ll try to make sure that upgrades are announced ahead of time.

383

Comment by pharmacychick

August 8, 2008 @ 8:55 pm

Andrew, do you run blogpharm or something? So tell me this. How come I can no longer access my dashboard from my site? I have to log in to blogpharm, but if I go to my site, I have to back out again.
help….

384

Comment by Andrew, CPhT

August 9, 2008 @ 12:32 am

Yes, I am the administrator of BlogPharm. The top admin bar plugin stopped working after the upgrade (I’m working on updating it). In the meantime, you can add the “Meta” widget to your sidebar by going to admin->Design->Widgets and clicking the “Add” link next to Meta, then save the changes.

385

Comment by lb969cpht

August 9, 2008 @ 5:36 am

Or just bookmark the admin page…

386

Comment by Andrew, CPhT

August 10, 2008 @ 5:50 pm

Just an update, the admin bar is now back at the top of the page.

Also, to make navigation easier, I’ve added a new plugin that you can activate using Admin->Manage->Plugins:

Ozh’s Admin Dropdown menu: turns the “Write, Manage, Design, etc.” links into dropdown menus sort of like before.

387

Comment by pharmacychick

August 10, 2008 @ 8:18 pm

Thanks! you’ve made my day